Colleyville is an affluent city and suburb of Fort Worth located in northeast Tarrant County, Texas, United States. Located roughly 3.5 miles (5.6 km) from Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport, the population was 22,807 at the 2010 census. Emerging from a number of small, rural settlements along the Cotton Belt Route, Colleyville was originally known as Bransford when Dr. Lilburn Howard Colley settled there in 1880. He was a prominent area physician and a veteran of the Union Army. In 1914 when Walter G. Couch opened a grocery store near Dr. Colley’s home the community was renamed Colleyville in his honor.
We do not independently verify the currency, completeness, accuracy or authenticity of the data contained herein. The data may be subject to transcription and transmission errors. Accordingly, the data is provided on an "as is, as available" basis only.